You are It - TBWDP20
'You are It' was performed at Cooper Gallery as part of the Trinity Buoy Wharf Drawing Prize 2020 exhibition. This work was the First Prize winner.
The drawing was created with the collaboration of exhibition visitors and art students of University of Dundee. Instructions were adapted as follows to protect participants, according to the special needs and regularions due to the Covid 19 crisis:
1. Draw continuously with circular movements as you walk along the paper. Do not take away your charcoal bar from the paper until you reach the end of it.
2. Stop walking on the designated floor marks. Count till 10 while you keep drawing circles. You may use your full arm length if you wish.
3. Resume your march after the count of 10, and only if the next mark is free. If the next mark is not available keep drawing circles on your mark until it is.
4. Repeat the process on every mark.
5. You can walk along the paper and repeat the whole process as many times as you wish.
The work was performed by Rachel Ashton, Mary Baker, Lucia Edgar, Declan McCourt, Sara Pakdel-Cherry, and Beth Radic, Contemporary Art Practice students at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design, University of Dundee on 16 November 2020.
This film was made as part of Trinity Buoy Wharf Drawing Prize exhibition, 13 November - 19 December 2020 at Cooper Gallery, University of Dundee.
Filmed and Edited by Pernille Spence.
© M.Lohrum and Cooper Gallery DJCAD, 2020
Photos: Eoin Carey 2020, Trinity Buoy Wharf Drawing Prize installed at Cooper Gallery DJCAD.